Three upcoming Brownfield Opportunity Area Open Houses will help create a long-term vision for three Brownfield Opportunity Areas that will then become part of the Buffalo Green Code. Consultants working with the Mayor’s Office of Strategic Planning will present preliminary development concepts for the Inner and Outer Harbors, Buffalo River Corridor, and Tonawanda Street Corridor and engage the community in a discussion of the long-term vision for these sites.
Please attend, participate, and encourage your friends and neighbors to join us in creating these important development strategies.
Buffalo Harbor BOA Open House
- Is your waterfront a green waterfront?
- An urban waterfront?
- A working waterfront?
- What will make it a special place for future generations?
June 26, 2012
6:00 to 8:45 PM
Herman Badillo Bilingual Academy
300 S. Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo River Corridor BOA Open House
- What type of uses should line the river banks?
- How and where can public access be improved along the river?
- What community improvements should be considered?
- What will make our riverfront a special place for future generations?
June 27, 2012
6:00 – 8:45 p.m.
Old First Ward Community Center
62 Republic Street
Tonawanda Street Corridor BOA Open House
- What is the role of Tonawanda Street Corridor in the future of Buffalo?
- How can the corridor continue as an important manufacturing center while providing additional opportunities for a more diverse economy and improved neighborhood setting?
- How can the area capitalize on key assets, such as Buffalo State College?
June 28, 2012
6:00 – 8:45 p.m.
Riverside High School
51 Ontario Street