- Became the first non-profit to sign a Great Lakes Legacy Act Project Agreement with the USEPA-GLNPO in the upper Buffalo River
- Signed a $3 million Great Lakes Legacy Act project agreement with USEPA-GLNPO and Honeywell
- Was awarded $1.9 million of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative grants
- Began various projects in partnership with the Buffalo Sewer Authority
- Moved into new office space at 1250 Niagara Street (now moved to 721 Main Street as of May 2014)
- Began a rain barrel and River Tours program
RIVERKEEPER has since grown into an organization with 21 employees, a budget of $2.8 million, and a wide supporter base in the Buffalo-Niagara community. Riverkeeper is a science-based, community focused, advocacy organization in Western New York dedicated to protecting and restoring the quality and quantity of our most valuable natural asset, our water.