Cayuga Creek Reports
Cayuga Creek Report Card
Cayuga Creek Final Report
Final Restoration Plan and Environmental Assessment for Love Canal
Cayuga Creek, NF SSO Report
Cayuga Creek Ecology
In 2004, through funding from the City of Niagara Falls Casino Revenue, the Buffalo Niagara RIVERKEEPER continued working to restore Cayuga Creek in Niagara County.
Our 2005 success list included:
• Ongoing education of creekside homeowners and businesses on the need to improve Creek health
• Completion of a creek shoreline erosion study with Buffalo State College experts with consultation from national Corps of Engineer experts that identified areas in need of restoration and stabilization
• Two very successful shoreline clean ups through the efforts of hundreds of volunteers!!
• Negotiation of a contract with the NY Power Authority and US Army Corps to develop a Cayuga Creek Restoration Road Map to outline how we can most strategically improve the health of the Creek. Project partners include Niagara County, the City of Niagara Falls, US Fish & Wildlife, Niagara County Soil and Water Conservation Service, NYS DEC, LaSalle Business and Professional Association and LaSalle PRIDE.
• Completion of a Cayuga Creek Canoe Trail Design and Brochure together with a detailed construction design for a first launch facility at Jayne Park.
Cayuga Canoe Trail
Cayuga Creek Restoration Road Map
Power Point (1 Meg PDF)
Corps Study (1 Meg Word Doc) – Cayuga Watershed Management Feasibility Study Project
NYPA Study (53 Meg PDF)- Ecological Condition of Gill, Fish, and Cayuga creeks
Frothingham, K.M. and Brown, N. 2005. Cayuga Creek Watershed Stream Assessment. Prepared for the Friends of the Buffalo Niagara Rivers, 47 pp. (5 Meg PDF)